Grade Point Average Addendum

When a student repeats a course, the first passing grade will be calculated in the cumulative grade point average (CUM GPA). A student can request that a higher grade (for coursework 1994-01 forward) be included in the CUM GPA by submitting a request to the Register's Office for coursework that was repeated spring 2007 forward. All courses taken and grades received will remain on the student's transcript, even though some will not be used to determine GPA. Selective admissions processes, scholarships and academic award decisions at other colleges and universities may take into consideration the complete academic record of the student.